Western Carolina University’s School of Music will hold a series of recitals and musical performances on campus in December, including the popular “Sounds of the Season” holiday community concert.
All events are free and open to the public, and take place in the recital hall of the Coulter Building, except for “Sounds of the Season,” which is a ticketed performance and held in the John W. Bardo Fine and Performing Arts Center performance hall.
- Monday, Dec. 2: 7:30 p.m., “Opera Scenes.”
- Tuesday, Dec. 3: 7:30 p.m., concert by the WCU Jazz Ensemble.
- Wednesday, Dec. 4: 7:30 p.m., concert by WCU brass ensembles.
- Thursday, Dec. 5: 7:30 p.m., concert by WCU jazz combos.
- Friday, Dec. 6: 6:30 p.m., student flute recital; and 7:30 p.m., senior recital by Faith Garner.
- Saturday, Dec. 7: 10:30 a.m., senior recital by Liam Schaefer and Alex Jones; noon, recital by WCU Flute Studio; and 3:30 p.m., flute recital.
- Sunday, Dec. 8: 3 p.m., “Sounds of the Season,” with performances by WCU’s Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, University Chorus, Concert Choir and Civic Orchestra, along with Balsam Brass and the Cullowhee Wind Quintet, and a sing-along with Santa Claus. Tickets are $20 for adults; $15 for WCU faculty and staff, and those 60 and older; and $5 for students and children.
- Wednesday, Dec. 11: 7:30 p.m., Mountain Winds Christmas concert.
- Saturday, Dec. 14: 2:30 p.m., piano recital.
For more information, contact the School of Music at 828-227-7242.