Western Carolina University’s School of Music will hold a series of recitals and musical performances on campus throughout October, with all events free and open to the public.
All events begin at 7:30 p.m. and take place in the recital hall of the Coulter Building, unless otherwise noted:
- Faculty recital by Adam Groh, WCU assistant professor of percussion, Tuesday, Oct. 1
- Commercial Music Audio Production concert, Wednesday, Oct. 2
- OctTUBAfest, featuring the Tuba and Euphonium Ensemble, Friday, Oct. 4
- University Chorus and Concert Choir in the performance hall of the John W. Bardo Fine and Performing Arts Center, Tuesday, Oct. 8
- Visiting Artist Series with Eric Vaughn, percussion, joined by faculty from WCU Commercial Music and Audio Production, Monday, Oct. 21
- Guest Artist Bradley Martin, piano, Tuesday, Oct. 22
- Trumpet Studio recital, Wednesday, Oct. 23
- Faculty recital by Andy Jurik, adjunct instructor of classical guitar, Thursday, Oct. 24
- Low Brass Festival, 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27
- Symphonic Band in concert, under the direction of David Starnes, at the performance hall of the Bardo Fine and Performing Arts Center, Tuesday, Oct. 29
For more information, contact the School of Music at 828-227-7242.