Three decades after graduating from WCU, Dr. Gray Erlacher ’87 is back on campus serving as a physician. Erlacher, board-certified in family medicine, sees patients at Harris Family Care, the primary care clinic that opened in 2014 in WCU’s state-of-the-art Health and Human Sciences Building. “It’s hard for me to believe it’s been almost 30 years since I graduated,” Erlacher said. “It’s great to come back to campus after all that time in a new role, as a clinician and an instructor. Graduating from WCU gave me opportunities and opened doors that completely changed my whole life. I hope that I can help that continue for students today.”

Harris Family Care is a partnership between WCU and Harris Regional Hospital of Sylva, a Duke LifePoint hospital. In addition to providing care for patients in the local community, the clinic also is a training site for WCU’s nursing and nurse practitioner students. Erlacher serves as a clinical leader for the students. “I am very excited to work with students from all the health care programs to help them fulfill their dreams, just as the faculty and staff did for me when I was a student,” he said.