Albert selected to attend business academics conference

Renee Albert, degree candidate in Western Carolina University’s Master of Project Management program, was recently selected to attend The PhD Project national conference November 18-20 in Chicago.

“I heard about it through my acceptance into Beta Gamma Sigma, and since I am seriously considering pursuing a Ph.D., I submitted an application,” Albert said.

Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.

“I’m quite excited,” the Mathews resident said. “I think it will be a fantastic opportunity to network and learn more about research and academic opportunities in the project management field. I also find it pretty cool that WCU will have representation at this national event.”

The PhD Project pays registration fees, airfare and hotel expenses for selected participants.

Nathan Johnson, assistant professor of project management, commended Albert’s selection. “I don’t think I could have picked a better representative of WCU and our program to attend,” Johnson said. “I know she will shine.”