Programs and events centered on nutrition, fitness and developing a positive body image will be hosted at Western Carolina University as part of an annual celebration of “Love Your Body Week” from Monday, Nov. 12, to Thursday, Nov. 15.
Sponsored by WCU’s Department of Intercultural Affairs, the theme of this year’s celebration is “Celebrate the Unique YOU!” and events are free and open to the public.
• Nutrition assessments will be available Nov. 12 and Nov. 15 from 12 to 2 p.m. in Multipurpose Room A of A.K. Hinds University Center. The event is sponsored by Campus Recreation and Wellness.
• The F Word at WCU student group will sponsor a clothes swap on Nov. 12 from 12 to 4 p.m. Accessories, shirts, pants, skirts, dresses and other items will be accepted, and donors may take as many items as they bring.
• The Amazing Catamount Challenge, a race across campus, will take place at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, on the Central Plaza. The event is sponsored by Intercultural Affairs, Campus Recreation and Wellness, Aramark, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Leadership and Student Involvement.
• Campus Recreation and Wellness will offer an introduction to weights session on Nov. 13 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. Participants will learn how to safely use weights as part of their exercise routine.
• Lisa Zahiya will lead “Celebrate!: A Belly-Dancing Workshop” on Nov. 13 from 7 to 9 p.m. The event is sponsored by Intercultural Affairs and International Programs and Services.
• Students in “The Secrets of Powerful Women” leadership class are sponsoring an information fair with tips to accentuate and accessorize for your body type on Nov. 15 from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m.
To register a team of two to four people for the Amazing Catamount Challenge, contact Sarah Carter, associate director for resource services in the Department of Intercultural Affairs, at email@example.com or register in Room 331 of A.K. Hinds University Center by Sunday, Nov. 11. For more information or a full schedule of events, contact Carter at 828-227-2617.