Interested in a volunteer opportunity requiring a little time and a big love of the arts? The Fine and Performing Arts Center at Western Carolina University seeks community members to donate time for everything from taking tickets to public outreach.
“Volunteers are the heart of the Fine and Performing Arts Center,” said Paul Lormand, FAPAC director. “They give countless hours each year to support the arts and, in turn, the community.”
The Fine and Performing Arts Center opened in 2005 with a mission of enriching, expanding and enhancing the cultural climate of WCU and the entire regional community. Each year, FAPAC stages the Galaxy of Stars Series and an additional 25 to 30 university- and community-sponsored events.
Lormand seeks volunteers at least 14 years of age and older who are able to give at least three hours per month of their time. In return for their service, volunteers are entitled to free admission to FAPAC events. Volunteers might assume roles in the following areas (experience not necessary):
– Front of house (ushers, ticket takers, greeters)
– Technical (loading and unloading, set up, lighting, props, costumes, sound and rigging)
– Committees (education, outreach, fundraising, marketing and recruiting)
– Hospitality and concessions (food preparation and service)
– Promotions (posters, mailers and fliers)
– Office support (telephone calls, tickets sales and mailings)
For more information about becoming part of the Fine and Performing Arts Center team of volunteers, contact Paul Lormand at (828) 227-2505 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, telephone number and areas of interest.